Thursday, June 12, 2008

.::Business Trip::.

Yesterday I just got home from a fun, crazy, out of control business trip. Not only did My Boss & I have a great time learning new things but we also had a heck of a time of everything not going right for us... well most everything.
When we first flew in everything was good... but then it took us a couple hours longer to find our hotel for the night, let just say I'm not the greatest navigator. We finally got there and got settled in.
The next morning was the best part of the trip! We flew in a day early and My Boss took me to see all the church sites at the Kirtland Temple,John Johnson Farm,NK Whitney Store,& Etc. It was an all around amazing experience Monday I had never been to any of these sites before.
(Kirtland Temple)
(Me in front of it)
(Outside the Entrance)
(Side View, it reminds me so much of PA)
(Wood Work in the Kirtland Mill)
(Boss Man & Tour Guide at the John Johnson Farm)
(Back side of the farm, where they would put the horses)
(Where Joseph received revaluation of D&C)
(The house Jospeh Smith was pulled out from to be tard and feathered)
(John Johnson Inn)
(The very porch Joseph Preached on)
(Myself at the NK Whitney Store) (NK Whitney & Co.) (Where Joseph received revaluation on D&C, Upstairs in the NK Whitney Store) (Where he received revaluation about the word of wisdom)(NK Whitney's House)
That night we had to travel to our hotel where we would stay for the convention the next day. This is where more went wrong. First the hotel we were supposed to be at had no reservations for us so we had to stay at another hotel down the street. At first we were going to have to share a room (smoking,gross) cause it was the only one available. But when we finally got settled in that room together, My Boss and I were watching the weather and there was a tornado watch, can you believe it! We couldn't help but to laugh!
(in these pictures you can see clouds starting to spin)
So my boss went down to find out what the procedures were and luckily (not that I mind) he was able to get another room due to cancellation.
However, the training was awesome as well as the food. Oh and the flight home wasn't bad except for we were a little late getting in to Utah and I was bummed not to see Linds play softball last night.
Needless to say, The trip was an all around trip & well worth it!

3 comments:

Crystal & Scott Moeller said...

Looks WAY Fun Trev. I love church sites. You dont have the best of luck when you go out of town for work. I hope you packed more pants this time!

The Nielsen Family said...

Isn't Kirtland awesome!!! It is my favorite Church History stop. There is such an amazing spirit and so many miraculous things happned there. I'm so glad you were able to be there and enjoy it.

Sorry so many things went wrong on your trip, but that sure makes for a great story once it is done and over with.

The Nielsen Family said...

P.S. What a great boss to take you there a day early and show you around. How awesome is that!!