Monday, October 20, 2008

.::Hunting 08'::.

This years hunt of course started out great...
We got out of town a little late so we weren't able to eat with the rest of the group that night at the snow dragon. As a tradition we have to eat at the snow dragon at least once on the hunt and Friday on the way down, sense they had already gone, we decided to stop by and have a bite as well.
Then of course the hunt went as usual: going to bed late, waking up early, morning hunt, napping, eating, snacking, afternoon hunt, eating, campfire, to bed late & then over again.

(Trev & I @ 530 in the morning)
(Dad after the morning hunt)
Now as far as the hunt went... We didn't see much, we saw a lot of fawn & doe which is great but it seems as if the deer were out numbered by them! The hunt first started out with that, & that continued for a while...then the day we went out right before we came home(hoping for something cause that's when I took mine last year)... I had a chance finally, by chance I mean a 30 yard broad shot at a 2 point,him on one side of the ravine and me on the other. But he was a yearling & way two small.
So this hunting season was unfortunate for us, on the riffle hunt. However, it as always is fun to spend time with family, grandpa & of course my dad! Thanks again dad, for all you do to make this happen for me every year & for always being there with me it wouldn't be the same without you! Thanks family for the continuing fun times, stories, & camping isnt the same without Uncle Cliff and his crack you up jokes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds...I had no idea that you liked to hunt! That's neat..I don't think I could ever even fire a gun! That's pretty cool lady! I'm glad you are doing well! See you soon!

Jessica Jeffers said...

I GUESS THIS YEAR IS NOT OUR YEAR HUH? THATS OKAY BECAUSE THAT MEANS NEXT YEAR WE WILL BOTH GET SOMETHING HUGE! HAHA

LOVE YA!

The Fam said...

The hunt wouldn't be the same without you either, Lindz. Love you.
Desi

Abbey Gal said...

Wish I could have been there! My fav part is hearing all the stories of the hunts from years before. Better luck next time!